Mystery Tapes (JSRF)
Not all Graffiti Souls are available in the level from the very beginning. To make the other Graffiti Souls appear, you need to find the Mystery Tape in the area. Once you collect the Tape, there will be 5 challanges you must complete in order to make the other Graffiti Souls appear.
- There are normally 8 Graffiti Souls per area, with the exception of Sky-Dinosaurian Square with 9. The developers of the game did this to even out the amount of Graffiti Souls to exactly 140.
- There is some graffiti that is not unlocked through Graffiti Souls; they become available once you unlock the corresponding character for the graffiti. (i.e., you need to unlock Poison Jam to unlock Poison Jam's graffiti.)
- The Graffiti Soul in Jet Set/Grind Radio resembles the game's logo whereas in JSRF, the Graffiti Soul resembles Beat.
- There is no need for Mystery tapes in Jet Set/Grind Radio, all of the Graffiti souls are avaliable for obtaining.
- In Jet Set Radio HD, if all of the Graffiti Souls are obtained, you are rewarded with the achievement "I Got Soul".