Clutch is distinguishable by his flame-red themed appearance. He wears a flame-red shirt, gray pants with flame designs, a chain near his left pocket, red and yellow bands around his wrists, and gray-blue blades with flame designs on them.
After you have obtained at least 40 Graffiti Souls, Clutch will appear in the Garage, saying he knows where Yoyo is being kept. He asks for a look at your Graffiti Souls, and proceeds to take off with them. You then have to track him down to get your Souls back and have Clutch join your team and have him provide information on Yoyo's whereabouts. The places Clutch rotates between are:
- Kibogaoka Hill : Clutch appears by the first Graffiti Stop, near the entrance to the level, and will stay there for approximately 90 seconds.
- The Skyscraper District and Pharoah Park : Clutch moves here from Kibogaoka Hill, and will stand to the right of the first gate. He will stay here for approximately 2 minutes.
- Chuo Street : Clutch will stand near the headless dinosaur for about 3 minutes. Despite staying at Chuo Street the longest, many players will catch up to Clutch at the Skyscraper District.
Note: Clutch rotates between these three areas in the order listed above. If you are waiting for Clutch to show up in an area, he does not skate into where he is to be found. Rather, he pops in to speak to, and humourously will still say you 'caught' him.
Warning: This Section Includes Some Spoilers
If you are inactive from finding and following Clutch from location to location, this glitch might appear. A while after Clutch takes away your Graffiti Souls; DJ Professor K will stop telling you where Clutch is headed. Clutch then disappears from the game and you need to start over. To stop this from happening, save your game right after Clutch takes away your Graffiti Souls. Clutch does not have to skate from location to location through the map; he just appears, so when you are following him you must be fast. He stays in different places for different time intervals which are listed above so his appearance is perfectly predictable. Ignoring what DJ Professor K says won't help despite what people say. The DJ tells you every time Clutch enters an area, so he is somewhat helpful. Here's the catch; if you go to the area that the DJ tells you that Clutch is in, by the time you get there Clutch will be gone. The area DJ Professor K tells you, you must go to the area that Clutch is going to next in the pattern: Kibogaoka Hill, The Skyscraper District and Pharaoh Park, and then Chuo Street. If you are in any of these places, wait until he appear in the exact places in the areas mentioned in "Acquiring Clutch".
Jet Set Radio Future
|Spray Cans||35 Cans|
- The star (*) notates this rudie's highest skill(s).
- Clutch has the same stats as Jazz.
- There is fan speculation that Clutch could possibly be Coin. However, there is no evidence supporting this.
- In the ending cutscene, Clutch can be found in an incomplete state where he's in a T-pose and is missing his hair.